Getting Started with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFRA)
This implementation guide outlines how to integrate Clyde into your Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) SFRA site v4.4.1. To integrate you will need to modify the RefArch storefront cartridge.
Adding the cartridge to the SFCC UX Studio
To upload the cartridges into the SFCC server, you first need to add the cartridges to the SFCC UX Studio. In order to do this, follow these instructions:
- In UX Studio, select in the menu File > Import.
- In the import dialog, select General > Existing Projects in the workspace and click 'Next.'
- Ensure 'Select archive file' is selected and select the compressed cartridge file by clicking 'Browse.'
- Click 'Finish' to import the cartridges.
- Studio will now ask you if you want to link the cartridge to your active DigitalServer connection. Click on yes or manually link the cartridge to your server by checking the project under project references in the server connection properties.
Activating the Cartridges in Business Manager
Before the Clyde functionality can become available to SFRA, the cartridges have to be added to the cartridge path of the Site in question. In order to do this, follow the following instructions:
- Log intoBusiness Manager
- Navigate to Administration > Sites > Manage Sites.
- Click on the target site name and Click on Settings tab.
- In the Cartridges prepend the cartridge name “int_clyde_sfra:int_clyde_core” separated by a colon (:)
For the Clyde integration to work properly, the following object structures (metadata) need to be imported and configured in the Business Manager. Follow the below steps:
- In the cartridge bundle, find the metadata/clyde-meta-import folder. Find the sites folder and inside it find the RefArch folder. Rename this RefArch folder to the ID of your site. If you have multiple sites to which these meta has to be imported, then copy and paste this RefArch folder to replicate for other sites. Rename those folders with ID of corresponding sites.
- In the cartridge bundle, inside the metadata folder compress the clyde-meta-import folder to generate a clyde-meta-import.zip file.
- Go to the Business Manager Menu > Administration > Site Development > Site Import & Export
- Under Import: Upload Archive: Ensure that the radio button with label 'Local' is enabled.
- Click on Choose File input field, select the clyde-meta-import.zip file from open dialog box and click on upload button.
- After finishing the upload, from the Archives list click the radio button corresponding to clyde-meta-import.zip and click 'Import.'
- Click the 'OK' button of the confirmation box asking “Are you sure that you want to import the selected archive?”
Importing Dummy Products in the Business Manager (BM)
The selected Clyde contract from the site will be considered a product in the backend (BM). Please follow these steps to import the dummy products:
- In the cartridge bundle find productCatalog.xml.
- This file has 20 dummy products which will be considered contract products and added as line items to the cart. If required, increase the products in the xml by just copying the single product tags and changing the product ID.
- In the cartridge bundle, go to metadata > catalog > productCatalog.xml.
- Edit the file to assign the product to a specified catalog-id and a category as follows:
- Open productCatalog.xml file.
- Find the catalog tag in the file and edit the catalog-id parameter.(catalog- id="apparel- catalog"). Here apparel-catalog is the master catalog name. Edit this catalog name as per the current master catalog name.
- Find the classification-category tag ,edit catalog-id parameter(catalog-id="storefront-catalog-en"), here storefront-catalog-en is the storefront catalog id. Edit this catalog name as per the current storefront catalog name. Now assign the value as root (products are assigned to the root category of the storefront-catalog).
- <classification-categorycatalog-id="storefront-catalog-en"> root </classification-category>.
- After editing these values import the product xml file to BusinessManager.